The implementation of CS-Link has been an organizational-wide transformation that has touched every area of the patient experience. This integrated patient financial and clinical information system replaced many of Cedar-Sinai’s disparate, legacy financial, business and clinical applications.
The Benefits of CS-Link
- CS-Link has built-in safety checks. For example, an alert message is sent if a medication that has been ordered will have a negative interaction with the patient’s allergies or another medication.
- Automatic reminders for preventive screenings, such as mammograms, help patients better manage their own health.
- Patients only need to provide their information once. At future admissions or visits, patients save time by simply verifying that their information is up-to-date.
- Test results are available in the patient’s chart as soon as they are reviewed. Patients have the ability to review their information from their home computer or mobile device.
- Patients have access to secure, easy-to-use tools to see their test results, view information from past admissions and more.
For providers and staff
- Having all patient information in a single, easily accessible location improves communication among medical providers, across departments (for example, from the Emergency Department to inpatient) and care settings throughout Cedars-Sinai.
- Immediate access to patient information, including test results, means that providers and clinical staff can make informed decisions about patient care in a timey manner.
- Built-in alerts help providers and clinical staff members ensure that there are no negative interactions with a patient’s allergies or current medications before the order is placed.
- Clinical staff and physicians have timely access to patients’ medical information through one system versus disparate systems.
- An integrated electronic health record system saves time and fosters better communication among a patient’s care team. Other efficiency examples include better bed management, less duplicative testing and fewer clarification calls to the pharmacy.
- For Health Information Management (HIM), CS-Link offers a single, integrated system for all HIM functions.
- On the revenue cycle side, CS-Link streamlines workflows, strengthening the organization’s viability and commitment to excellent service and cost-effective care.